Design our next t-shirt!
Have an idea of what our t-shirts should look like? Cool! Because we don’t!
For this one, we’re teaming with BustedTees and handing the controls over to you. Send in your designs for a chance to win 25 of your own t-shirts and all the Tumblr glory when the winners are announced later this month.
- The submission deadline is Sunday, April 18th 11:59:59 EST.
- Follow along here and let us know your favorites.
- We’ll determine the winners and announce them all over the internet.
- We all make out.
Paris Nights has a real life scrapbook feel, thanks to its exquisite use of scanned objects and beautiful typography. When you play with the demo, make sure to mouse over the lights on top! This attention to detail is everywhere.
Use it on your blog for just $49. And if you like this, definitely check out their other theme, Southern Afternoon.
Name Ian Andersen
First post November 2009
Location Houston, TX
Ian Andersen always liked comics, but it wasn’t until he found James Kochalka’s American Elf that he started making his own. “The idea of just doing a strip a day about my own life really blew me away,” he says. Like many other cartoonists before him, he discovered that this daily routine pushed him to improve his ability in both drawing and writing. Ian has posted a daily comic for two years now, attends college, and drinks lots of coffee.
Also check out…
Museums and Stuff
A PhD student living in Vienna shares her love of museums.
Let My People Show
Robin Cembalest, executive editor of ARTnews, blogs about art and culture.
Movies and Food
An exhibition of food and drink as portrayed in film.
Tumblr Android 2.0: Now available on the Android Market
Android users, say hello to the new Tumblr app, rebuilt from the ground up! We hope you’ll enjoy the updated features, including:
- New interface: A total redesign centered around Android’s hardware and software.
- Manage multiple blogs: It’s now a simple swipe to access your different blogs and manage your drafts, queue and followers on-the-go.
- Create a post: We’ve highlighted posting to Tumblr so you can share text, images, links, chats, quotes and videos whenever you want.
- Messages: View and reply to messages for each of your blogs.
- Address book: Find people to follow from your phone’s address book.
- New users: Sign up right from the app.
- Bonus: For quick sharing, you can post anything from your home screen via the Tumblr widget.
Go ahead and grab it on the Android Market!
Name Richey Beckett
Location Wales, UK
Richey Beckett is an illustrator from South Wales in the UK. He works in pen and ink, mostly on music-related design projects like album artwork, merchandise, and poster art. “For me, working with new bands, exciting new records treading fresh ground—that’s as rewarding as working for any established act because you never know where it’s going to take you and what the finished record is capable of achieving,” he says. Richey’s dark and mysterious works have been exhibited around the world, and he sells limited edition prints through his store.
Also check out…
The Kennedy Center
Go behind the curtain of performances of the nation’s cultural center in Washington, D.C.
Dance, fashion design, and photography played out against New York City’s landscape.
Our Valued Customers
Conversations overheard at a comic book store, illustrated.
Coffee, donuts AND cupcakes?! Bestill my glycemic index, amirightladies?